Investment Manager - Real Estate Private Equity to Genesta
As an, Investment Manager you will have direct access to senior staff at Genesta, key market participants and market leading service providers ensuring a steep learning curve.
We have an opening for an Investment Manager in the investment management team at our Stockholm office. The position’s main task is to ensure that all aspects of each investment achieves or exceeds its objectives according to the adopted business plan. To accomplish this goal, the Investment Manager will:
- Manage a team of third-party consultants including leasing agents, property managers, retail center managers, construction firms, architects, and marketing specialists
- Prepare annual business planning, quarterly budget review, and quarterly cash flow forecasting
- Negotiate property contracts including leases, management, and construction service agreements
- Analyze potential leases and make recommendations for approval to the Head of Investment Management or the Fund Manager
- Review potential capital expenditure projects to maximize property value
- Ensure that assigned properties are well maintained, both physically and financially to ensure both tenant satisfaction and preservation of value
- Procure and oversee construction services for tenant improvements and CAPEX projects
- Participate in the acquisition and disposal process
- A Master’s of Science degree in Business or Engineering (preferably within real-estate and/or finance)
- Related work experience of minimum 5 years with the ability to work independently
- Deal-driven with strong interest in developing assets
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop business relationships
- Previous experience as a financial analyst is a plus
- Fluent Swedish
- Strong written and verbal English
- Strong knowledge within MS Excel (cash flow modeling and IRR/NPV calculations), Word and Power Point
We are searching for a hard working team player to join us. We assume that you have a strong academic record and a genuine interest of the real estate- and finance sector. A suitable background is likely to include:
What Genesta Offers
Genesta started as a deal-driven entrepreneurial company, and that culture is still alive within our organization. We work in an international environment with a number of institutional investors from Europe. Due to our size and organizational structure you will gain an extensive understanding of the whole investment process, from acquiring and developing assets to the disposal process. Each team member’s contributions have a direct impact on our success as a company. The investment management team works in an intense and challenging environment with a range of external clients, which will affect the work tasks in many ways.
Do you want to be a part of Genesta? Please apply for the position at www.boardtalk.se. For further questions about this position, contact Johan Magnusson at Boardtalk AB (+46 72 248 65 31 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Interviews will be conducted continuously.
Introduction to Genesta
Genesta Property Nordic is a private equity company specialized in commercial real estate in the Nordic countries. We raise money from institutional investors to closed-ended discretionarily managed real estate funds for direct investments in office, retail and logistics assets. Currently Genesta has 31 employees based in offices in Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen and Luxembourg.
With a total transacted value of €2.5bn since the company was founded in 2003 Genesta has a proven track record of real estate investments in the value add risk segment.
The investment program for Genesta’s second value add fund, with equity commitments of close to €400m, is now in its final stages but the first close of the third value add fund, of at least equal size, will occur in the beginning of 2019 ensuring continued market presence in the value add segment.
In June 2018 we had the first close of a new fund in the core plus risk segment, with a target size equal to the value add funds, thereby widening the investment scope and laying the foundation for the next step of the company´s growth.
Genesta’s two currently managed funds have, since 2015, acquired thirteen assets in Stockholm, Helsinki, Oslo, Copenhagen and Jönköping taking current AUM to ca €700m. So far in 2018 the second value add fund has made two office acquisitions; one in Helsinki and one in Stockholm and the new core plus fund has acquired an office building in Solna and a retail park in Jönköping.
High transaction pace in the existing funds in combination with the new third value add fund is why we are now strengthening the investment management team.
For more information about Genesta and our track record, please see www.genesta.eu