Senior Legal Counsel to Sobi
+46(0)73 540 57 07
Are you looking for an international company that will inspire you and support your career?
Sobi is expanding the Legal function and is looking for a senior legal counsel to our headoffice in Stockholm. This role offers a unique opportunity to work in an environment characterized by engagement, professionalism, fast pace and trustworthiness.
In this position you will be an essential and important resource to provide general legal support to the business on various matters, with a particular focus on Business Development activities (M&A transactions and licensing), as an additional member of the Legal Affairs Department.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Provide legal advice to the business on a wide range of commercial matters with a particular focus on Business Development activities (M&A transactions and licensing), as well as on other general legal matters including collaborations, distribution agreements, consultancies, services and quality agreements
- Liaise closely with and support the Business Development Department (acting as their main legal contact)
- Draft, review and negotiate M&A and licensing transactions, including various commercial agreements, such as sales and distribution agreements
- Develop templates and guidelines and provide training to internal clients
- Liaise with external legal counsels
- University Degree in Law from a reputable University, preferable in Sweden
- 6 - 7 years experience as a practicing lawyer (in-house and/or reputable international law firm) on M&A, licensing, stock market law, general commercial law and intellectual property rights
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry preferable
- Prior experience in diversified environment, with a practical business and solution oriented approach
- Strong commercial awareness to provide legal advice to diverse business functions
- Ability to interface and communicate well with external parties, including outside counsel law firms as well as internal operational and management staff
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Other language skills is desired, especially Swedish, French and German
- Demonstrated networking capabilities with a track record in building relationships both internally and externally in order to be able to build successes collaboratively, based on understanding of the motivations and desired outcomes of the different stakeholders
- Self-starter with a highly developed and strong sense of personal accountability as well as the ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team setting
- Can-do approach, optimistic personality and resilient
- Pro-active, service-minded, can-do-attitude, collaborative, accountable, respectful, sense of urgency, ambition, excellent communication and influencing skills
The position will be based in Stockholm, Sweden
General Counsel, Head of Legal Affairs
For more information
In this recruitment we are working together with von Feilitzen & Partners AB. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter as soon as possible. Review of applications and interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis.
For more information and your application, please don’t hesitate to contact:
Rosita von Feilitzen, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46(0)73 540 57 07.
Appointment of vacant positions at Sobi will take place with consideration of:
- Requirements of the role as it is currently framed as well as an assessment of how the post will develop;
- The competences, experience, personal qualities, and motivators of the candidates;
- The wish for Sobi to secure a well-functioning group with good team dynamics, able to be successful in an international, multi-cultural and cross-border business;
- A wish for all Sobi employees to embrace and align with the company’s core values in their day-to-day operations.